California's Construction Defect Lawyers
Resolving Construction Defect Claims on a Contingency Fee Basis
The California Construction Defect Lawyers of Clayton M. Anderson & Associates formerly known as (fka) Anderson & Kriger provide no-cost consultations to assist property owners in determining if there are construction defects and/or developer liability involved in residential and commercial properties built within the last ten years or resulting from construction work performed within the last ten years.
How to Deal with SB800 and Handle/Respond to Frontline Agents
Read the complete text of the California SB800 law which governs construction defects in California homes since 2003.
Recent Litigation & Client Consultations
- January 2013, Kerrigan Yorba Linda Estates LLC, Developer
Leaking Copper Pipes
Yorba Linda, California
Clayton M. Anderson & Associates has been retained by a homeowner to file against Developer Kerrigan Yorba Linda Estates LLC for copper pipe leaks. The homeowner has experienced six copper pipe leaks over the last several years. The builder agreed to fix the first leak, but told the homeowner that all the other leaks were out of warranty, despite the fact that the seven year old home has a 10 year statute of limitations for pipe leaks.
- December 2012, Condominium Conversion
Homeowner Association with 57 units is pursuing local builder for underfunding of the reserve account as well as various construction defects, including asphalt parking lot separations, concrete masonry block wall cracks, stucco cracks, loose brick veneer, window leaks, and dry rot at the stair stringers.
Recent Settlements for Our Clients
- Attorney Anderson represented owners of 23 coastal homes with architectural and geotechnical problems which had been built by a major developer. Each of the homes exhibited various degrees of distress due to expansive and corrosive soil, which caused severe damage to the foundations, stucco, patio covers, concrete flatwork and walls. The case proceeded through a modified version of the SB800 process and was scheduled to go to arbitration. On the weekend prior to the arbitration start date, the matter settled for approximately $75,000 per house. Published in the January 2013 Issue of the Trial Bar News.
- Attorneys Anderson and Schuber represented the Homeowners Association for an 80-unit condo conversion in North San Diego in a construction defect matter. The complex suffered from severe roofing defects, foundation problems, deteriorating exterior fixtures and damage to plumbing systems. Attorneys Anderson and Schuber recovered $990,000 for the Association at the first mediation, while the matter was still in the pre-litigation Calderon Process.
- $5,000,000 for the owners of 41 homes with soil issues resulting from clay soils that damaged the concrete slabs, lifted the walls off the slabs on the interior of the homes and even led to a front door being so racked that it would not open.
- $322,000 settlement for 30 single family residences with cracking to concrete slabs and drywall, and plumbing leaks in Bakersfield.
Verdicts & Settlement Articles
- $228,000 settlement to owners of eight single family residences suffering damages as a result of defects in the original construction and defective repairs. Read summary of article...
- $5 million to 41 homeowners, all part of six consolidated cases in Sacramento, for substantial soils movement and architectural construction defect issues to their homes in the Rancho Murieta area. Read summary of article...
- $67,500 settlement to homeowners in Rancho Murieta area with major pool defect issues. Read summary of article...
Types of Defective Construction
- Septic System Failures, Pool Leaks, Expansive Soils
- Foundation Cracks, Corrosive Soils, Concrete Problems
- Roof, Stucco, Windows, Doors, Water Ponding
- Drywall, Flooring, Cabinetry, Mold, Mildew
- Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Copper Pipe Leaks and Corrosion
Exceptional Construction Defect Legal Services
California Construction Defect Lawyer Clayton Anderson, the Senior and co-Founding Partner Attorney and Manager of the Construction Defect, Condo Conversion, and Real Estate Contract Division of Anderson & Kriger. Attorney Anderson commenced his Construction Defect & Homeowner Advocacy law practice in the early 1980s when he successfully negotiated a substantial defect settlement for the 150-home planned California development where he was the president of the board of directors.
As a very experienced law firm handling all aspects of construction defect matters, Clayton M. Anderson & Associates fka Anderson & Kriger has helped property owners recover more than $300,000,000.
Compensation Recovered From These Developers:
- Beazer Homes
- D.R. Horton
- Brookfield Homes
- K. Hovnanian
- Brehm Development Entities
- Luciano Development, Inc.
- Standard Pacific
- William Lyon
- Centex Homes
- KB Homes
- Van Daele
- JTS Communities
- Toll Brothers
- Brehm Development Entities
- Luciano Development, Inc.
We understand your property, whether residential or commercial, is probably your single largest investment and we want to help you protect it.
Recognizing California’s need for quality construction defect legal services, Clayton M. Anderson & Associates fka Anderson & Kriger has an experienced team of attorneys and paralegals who are uniquely qualified to answer your questions.
Even if you are not sure that your home contains construction defects, a no-cost consultation with Clayton M. Anderson & Associates fka Anderson & Kriger can help you assess your needs. We will explain available options so that you and your family can have peace of mind.
Contact a Construction Defect Attorney Directly
Call us now at 1.877.494.1046 (Southern California Residents) or 1.800.365.2075 (Northern California Residents) to speak with an attorney or send an eMail to schedule a no-cost consultation. Let us help you protect your home or commercial property!
formerly known as
Anderson & Kriger
Clayton M. Anderson
Anderson | Schoech
Matthew R. Schoech
Serving All 58 California Counties
About Our Practice
- Construction Defect Law
- Complex Civil Litigation
- Condominium Conversion Litigation
- Real Estate | Contract Litigation
Our Clients - Successful Recoveries
Why We Win
Construction Defect Lawyers
Construction Defect Photo Galleries
In The News
- Construction Defect Media | Radio
- Press Releases & Newsletters
- Construction Defect Resources
- Community Involvement
Your Construction Damages Claim
California Law Offices
- San Diego | Imperial Valley
- Riverside | San Bernardino | Los Angeles
- Orange County
- Sacramento Area Counties