California's Construction Defect Lawyers
Resolving Construction Defect Claims on a Contingency Fee Basis
The California Construction Defect Lawyers of Clayton M. Anderson & Associates provide no-cost consultations to assist property owners in determining if there are construction defects and/or developer liability involved in residential and commercial properties built within the last ten years or resulting from construction work performed within the last ten years.
Recent Litigation & Client Consultations
- January 2013, Kerrigan Yorba Linda Estates LLC, Developer
Leaking Copper Pipes
Yorba Linda, California
Clayton M. Anderson & Associates has been retained by a homeowner to file against Developer Kerrigan Yorba Linda Estates LLC for copper pipe leaks. The homeowner has experienced six...
- December 2012, Condominium Conversion
Homeowner Association with 57 units is pursuing local builder for underfunding of the reserve account as well as various...
Recent Settlements for Our Clients
- Attorney Anderson represented 26 homeowners from Imperial County in binding arbitration against D. R. Horton, which was heard by retired superior court judge Robert May. The arbitration took six days, and covered issues including leaking windows, drywall cracks, leaking and unattached roofing, stucco cracks and related issues. The arbitration involved interpretation of the ten-year-old SB800 building standards on such matters as leaking windows, roofing defects and other issues. Prior to the arbitration, Horton offered $1,000 per house. However, Judge May awarded approximately $244,000 in compensation and investigation costs pursuant to SB800.
- Attorney Anderson represented five homeowners from Imperial County in binding arbitration against the developer D. R. Horton, which was heard by retired superior court judge Robert May. The matter was litigated pursuant to the construction standards contained in SB800 and included issues such as soil damage, window leaks, stucco cracking, and roofing problems. Prior to the three-day arbitration in Imperial County and San Diego County JAMS offices, Horton offered $15,000 per house. However, Judge May awarded compensation and investigation costs of approximately $148,000.
- $5,000,000 for the owners of 41 homes with soil issues resulting from clay soils that damaged the concrete slabs, lifted the walls off the slabs on the interior of the homes and even led to a front door being so racked that it would not open.
- $322,000 settlement for 30 single family residences with cracking to concrete slabs and drywall, and plumbing leaks in Bakersfield.
Verdicts & Arbitration Awards
- $228,000 settlement to owners of eight single family residences suffering damages as a result of defects in the original construction and defective repairs. Read summary of article...
- $5 million to 41 homeowners, all part of six consolidated cases in Sacramento, for substantial soils movement and architectural construction defect issues to their homes in the Rancho Murieta area. Read summary of article...
- $67,500 settlement to homeowners in Rancho Murieta area with major pool defect issues. Read summary of article...
Types of Defective Construction
- Septic System Failures, Pool Leaks, Expansive Soils
- Foundation Cracks, Corrosive Soils, Concrete Problems
- Roof, Stucco, Windows, Doors, Water Ponding
- Drywall, Flooring, Cabinetry, Mold, Mildew
- Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Copper Pipe Leaks and Corrosion
Exceptional Construction Defect Legal Services
California Construction Defect Lawyer Clayton Anderson, the Senior and co-Founding Partner Attorney and Manager of the Construction Defect, Condo Conversion, and Real Estate Contract Division of Clayton M. Anderson & Associates. Attorney Anderson commenced his Construction Defect & Homeowner Advocacy law practice in the early 1980s when he successfully negotiated a substantial defect settlement for the 150-home planned California development where he was the president of the board of directors.
As a very experienced law firm handling all aspects of construction defect matters, Clayton M. Anderson & Associates has helped property owners recover more than $300,000,000.
Compensation Recovered From These Developers:
- Beazer Homes
- D.R. Horton
- Brookfield Homes
- K. Hovnanian
- Brehm Development Entities
- Standard Pacific
- William Lyon
- Centex Homes
- KB Homes
- Van Daele
- JTS Communities
- Toll Brothers
- Luciano Development, Inc.
We understand your property, whether residential or commercial, is probably your single largest investment and we want to help you protect it.
Recognizing California’s need for quality construction defect legal services, Clayton M. Anderson & Associates has an experienced team of attorneys and paralegals who are uniquely qualified to answer your questions.
Even if you are not sure that your home contains construction defects, a no-cost consultation with Clayton M. Anderson & Associates can help you assess your needs. We will explain available options so that you and your family can have peace of mind.
Contact a Construction Defect Attorney Directly
Call us now at 1.866.273.9741 (Southern California Residents) or 1.800.365.2075 (Northern California Residents) to speak with an attorney or send an eMail to schedule a no-cost consultation. Let us help you protect your home or commercial property!
Clayton M. Anderson
Sarita T. Patel
Anderson | Schoech
Matthew R. Schoech
Robert D. Finkle
Serving All 58 California Counties
About Our Practice
Our Clients - Successful Recoveries
Why We Win
Construction Defect Lawyers
Construction Defect Photo Galleries
In The News
- Construction Defect Media | Radio
- Press Releases & Newsletters
- Construction Defect Resources
- Community Involvement
Your Construction Damages Claim
California Law Offices
- San Diego | Imperial Valley
- Riverside | San Bernardino | Los Angeles
- Orange County
- Sacramento Area Counties